—Ronald E. Massie, DDS, FAGD
Dates: August 21-24
Clinician: Steven J. Anderson
Grand Circle Adventure
Location: Grand Canyon, Zions, Bryce Canyon and Capital Reef National Parks
4 National Parks and 2 National Monuments in 4 days of riding
We’ve taken our classic ride and made it even better. Four of the nation’s most popular National Parks and two National Monuments in four days as you ride in the southern corner of Utah and northern Arizona. Experience the red rock, soaring peaks, deep canyons, and wide vistas of Capital Reef, Bryce Canyon, Grand Staircase, Vermillion Cliffs, and Zions on open roads of the West.
All this is wrapped into four days and four nights of great riding, great new friends, great food and lodging, and, of course, the quality CE and learning we are known for.
- Day 1: Flying into Salt Lake City and shuttling to Provo the afternoon or evening of Day 1, you will find a comfortable room at the Hampton Inn reserved and waiting for you for this first night.
- Day 2: We will pick you up at your hotel for our ride to Timpanogos Harley Davidson where your 2013 Harley will be waiting this morning. We travel south east out of Provo over the Wasatch Mountains and into red rock country of Southern Utah. After lunch we ride through Capital Reef National Park to our hotel for the night at the base of Boulder Mountain.
- Day 3: Our morning ride takes us across Highway 12 as it crosses Grand Staircase National Monument. This highway is considered one or the most scenic highways in the U.S. We have lunch in Bryce Canyon National Park and then head south to the shore of Lake Powell at Glen Canyon Dam in Page, Arizona, where we spend the night.
- Day 4: Our early start gives us the thrill of a one hour walk through Antelope Canyon on the Navajo Nation Reservation. This Canyon has been featured in National Geographic and Arizona Highways magazines and people travel from all over the world to photograph the beautiful sandstone formations. After Antelope Canyon, we cross Vermilion Cliffs National Monument on our climb to 8600 feet on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. After lunch on the North Rim, we head back north to Zion National Park where we spend the night.
- Day 5: We travel again through Zion National Park and then head north again following the back roads of Southern Utah to reach Provo for our final dinner together and our last night before returning home on our flight out of Salt Lake City the next morning.
View Learning Curves Dental CE – Grand Circle Adventure in a larger map
Steven J. Anderson
Over a dozen years ago, Steven J. Anderson (Steve) accepted Roy Hammond’s invitation to join the Learning Curves faculty and take up motorcycle riding (despite his 80 year old mother’s objections!)
Each year, Steve is a clinician for the annual “Miles for Life” Learning Curves ride benefitting the Smiles for Life Foundation and the dental humanitarian projects that it funds around the world. Steve is a co-founder of the Smiles for Life Foundation and Roy Hammond developed and leads the dental humanitarian projects that the foundation runs and supports.
When he is not lecturing for The Total Patient Service Institute, working with leading Crown Council practices or raising money for The Smiles for Life Foundation, he’s riding his Harley CVO Convertible Scream’n Eagle, many times with one of his 7 children riding with him!
Steve is well known for being one of the dental industry’s leading entrepreneurs and problem solvers having founded several dental related companies and being named the Dental Businessman of the Year by Excellence in Dentistry. He has worked with thousands of dental practices over the last three decades to dramatically increase their case acceptance results for comprehensive and cosmetic treatment and build a market-leading practice. A master at directing discussions and ensuring you leave with answers, you will find yourself able to implement many new ideas when you return to your practice.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be up close and personal with Steve as well as a group of innovative, creative friends and mentors on the Learning Curves, Miles for Life ride benefitting the Smiles for Life Foundation.